Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

any one using truck accessories and truck manifolds, in here please

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 01:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default any one using truck accessories and truck manifolds, in here please

so I am still trying to figure out how to make this work. when I flip my manifolds to forward-down facing, the driver's side manifold flange hits the power steering pump reservoir. what is everyone doing to get around this issue? BTW ditching pump is not an option, as I have hydroboost brakes. any pictures would be helpful also
Old 02-12-2013, 05:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badhombre
so I am still trying to figure out how to make this work. when I flip my manifolds to forward-down facing, the driver's side manifold flange hits the power steering pump reservoir. what is everyone doing to get around this issue? BTW ditching pump is not an option, as I have hydroboost brakes. any pictures would be helpful also
Cut off the flange, angle it and weld it back on, cut off the flange and weld a vband on, find a different manifold, flip the original manifolds 180 deg so the outlet comes out the front up high rather than down low.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Cut it off and vband.

This one I built has two truck manifolds.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

awesome, thanks for the help. I am looking into the v-bands now. I may see if my dad can chuck them up in the CNC and cut the bands onto the manifolds rather than weld them. would be pretty clean I think. what size v-band works best on these manifolds?
Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badhombre
awesome, thanks for the help. I am looking into the v-bands now. I may see if my dad can chuck them up in the CNC and cut the bands onto the manifolds rather than weld them. would be pretty clean I think. what size v-band works best on these manifolds?
2.5 is the closest i have found
Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You have to cut off a good chunk to angle it to clear the accessories, cutting a flange into it wont work. 2.5 fits best but i use 2.25 as thats what matches my crossover typically.

Quick Reply: any one using truck accessories and truck manifolds, in here please