Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New to this. Need help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this. Need help.

Ok, soooooo I have this idea of putting a turbo charger on my Firebird. Went on craigslist. Did some looking around. Found a deal for $1200. Asked the guy what's the lowest he'll take and he said $1000. So my question is, is this worth buying? What else will I need in order to get his rolling?

Old 04-26-2013, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

not sure a evo3 16g turbo will be good for a ls they work great on dsm's but the turbo's new go for 200-300 bucks
Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

$500 ebay kit. Undersized ebay turbo. I think this is the kit that likes to burn driver side sparkplug wires and melt driver side motormount and powersteering hoses. I remember reading about a forum member whos car burned down due to the powersteering fluid catching fire. But a few on here have made it work. Search PTK turbo kit, thats the original kit. Goodluck.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snksknr
$500 ebay kit. Undersized ebay turbo. I think this is the kit that likes to burn driver side sparkplug wires and melt driver side motormount and powersteering hoses. I remember reading about a forum member whos car burned down due to the powersteering fluid catching fire. But a few on here have made it work. Search PTK turbo kit, thats the original kit. Goodluck.
I think your right . I had one NOT A GOOD DESIGN! . but it made me want to learn how to build kits myself . And I've built 4 kits on my own since then. You can make it work though.

Quick Reply: New to this. Need help.