Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Questions 2006 APS GTO

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions 2006 APS GTO

Last summer I purchased a used APS turbo kit for my 2006 gto. Finally this weekend I started the instal. As far as the kit goes it is pretty straight forward but I have a few questions.
There is no fuel system upgrade with this kit so just wondering what you APS gtos did for injector size and fuel pump mods?
Has anyone had the APS manifolds coated instead of using the shielding?
Should I be upgrading the valve springs? If so what should I be using?
Should I be upgrading any gaskets?
Head studs?
Also is there anything else I should be upgrading engine wise?
Old 05-12-2013, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I dont have any experience with APS kits but..

Id do 80lb injectors on gas and 120's on E85 with dual 301 Deutchworks pumps intank with a boost reference regulator.
Coating is really more for corrosion resistance as most is too this to really do anything. Keep the shields.
Use quality dual valve springs. Look at BrianTooleyRacing.com
Lots of guys use LS9 gaskets but since yours already has MLS gaskets you could slip in ARP or Ebay head studs one by one and not remove the heads.
Everything else engine wise is good to go after those key issues. Springs and studs.
Old 05-12-2013, 04:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think all of these questions depend on if you are going to run the factory wastegated pressure of 7.5psi or if you are going to be boosting it up a little more. Stock psi should put you at about the high 500's to the wheel, so everything that LS1NOVA said would be correct.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright thanks guys. I am planning on running just the factory waste gate. The only reason I was asking about the heat shields is because the previous owner of the kit did a terrible job of making the shields look good. They are all cut and bent in a bunch of weird ways that they should not be. I didn't know if a jet-hot coat or header wrap would work I would hate to do all this work then pop my hood and see nasty looking heat shields lol

Quick Reply: Questions 2006 APS GTO