Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

2001 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 10:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2001 Camaro

Thinking about a super charger for the camaro. Does anyone know of one that is plug and play that will fit on a stock configured car?
Old 07-04-2013, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you say "plug & play", do you mean JUST a supercharger? Unfortunately, with our car's high compression ratio, we must run intercooled, or aftercooled forced induction systems. In addition, unless you're looking for extremely low boost <5psi, you'll need to upgrade your fuel delivery system.
In the early 2000's, Vortech made a simple F-Body LS1 kit that wasn't cooled, but it ran a very modest 4 psi max.

Today, however, whatever you do, I'd stay away from Vortech stuff for our car. Even if you find a complete kit, Vortech Camaro system parts are nearly impossible to find, are super-expensive when you do, and the company has since discontinued the setup.

I'd recommend the Procharger P1-SC-1, or D1-SC-1 kits. Several people on here currently have complete kits in the $4,000 range. They're pricey, but hands- down the best and most reliable boost you can buy for a 4th gen. Plus, if you've got average mechanical knowledge, and a decent tool crib, you can probably install the kit yourself over a weekend.
The best thing is, with a Procharger, you can go from mild to wild. On a stock configured car, you can get by with 8psi safely as long as you upgrade your fuel pump and injectors and get a tune. Procharger kits come with all the necessary items needed to upgrade other areas of your car as well.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If u want sc, pro-charger is great. My d1sc might be for sale pm for info if ya like

Quick Reply: 2001 Camaro