Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Which system to buy.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 167 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Which system to buy.......

Just want to get every ones opinion........I have a stock LS2 set up out of a GTO in my 66 Impala.......My car will strictly be street driven and I don't want to give up any reliability of the car and basically want to stick with the stock fuel system (GTO pump assy modded into the Impala tank).......Now....Magnacharger or Edelbrock.........seems the low horsepower Edelbrock can get by with the stock fuel pump.......this is basically for appearance only......Just looking for opinions

Thanks in advance

Ken
Old 08-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats a expensive appearance mod lol,if your going to do it do it right,serious you can make an engine bay look killer ,no need to buy a magnacharger for looks lol,
Old 08-20-2013, 10:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just put a holley hi ram on it and have it powdercoated along with the elbow and do a radical cam and heads package with a great tune. it look just as cool, be more reliable, and cost way less. agree with bob above that is a ton of money for an appearance mod. Nothing more menacing that a weiand blower or twin turbos though if you do decide to go that route. talk with nitrous outlet and see about a hi ram direct port system. that will strike plenty of fear into 80% of other so called race cars on the road. would love to see pics of the car.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 167 Likes on 97 Posts

Here you go.....I know it's a little extreme to want to do this but this ended up being the "Best" converted car I have ever built........Just wanted to Tweak it a little more.........But.....I think common sense is kicking in......

Ken

Quick Reply: Which system to buy.......