Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

94 T/A turbo LQ4

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 T/A turbo LQ4

So definitely a noob in the world of engine swaps and FI. I'm wanting to pull my LT and throw in a single or twin turbo LQ4. My power goals are between 650-700 rwhp. It'll be mostly a DD/street car. I'm leaning more towards the twin turbo setup to have lots of daily fun without too much turbo lag.

I already have a bunch of suspension upgrades fromStrano and UMI. I plan on getting a 9" or Dana S60 within the next couple of months.

I've read through countless threads and builds and received alot of mixed up info, as well as some decent and good info. My main problem is getting the best and most reliable build for my goals. Budget is not an issue, but I'm not wanting to drop $20,000 into the engine just to get those numbers. I'm wanting to go with the best deals i can get. I am the kinda guy who wants to do it right the first time.

So far, I plan on using:
'05 LQ4
317 heads
ARP hardware
TU1 or TU2 cam
stock crank
forged rotating assembly
80# inj.
dual 255 in tank pumps
truck manifolds
meth/water kit
hoping to stay on pump gas as there's no E85 where I'm at

Other than that, I really dont know exactly what i need, or what the most reliable parts are. I'm looking for some good critique on the parts list, as well as some help as far as turbo choice, other engine parts, etc.

Any and all info is greatly welcomed and appreciated, but please don't let this turn into an argument thread.

Thanks!!

Quick Reply: 94 T/A turbo LQ4