Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

converting carbed LQ to procharger efi

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting carbed LQ to procharger efi

hey folks

i would be happy if i get some infos or directions where to go and what to do. there´s a 416cui LQ4 sitting in my 69 and it has a victor jr. with ez-efi on it. the engine was built carbed and i wanted to leave it like that due to several law restrictions here in europe. the engine was originally built for a F2 procharger and my buddy has a not used D1SC procharger sitting in his garage and i could get c5 procharger brackets in germany. how could i get this engine blown without breaking the bank once again? shooting for 700HP or a little more......if the ez-efi had worked with FI it would have been perfect but it won´t. i asked msd about their atomic and it will support FI but just up to around 600HP and that would be much money and just a bit better than the ez-efi i have. what about something like the xfi with a throttle body and drilling fuel rails? or going back to a stock GM intake and adapting....what´s the most economic and effective way to get it done? should be as basic as possible and want to reuse as much parts to keep costs down......and no i don´t want to use the blow through carb i have to sit next to the D1SC which would make the swap as easy and cheap as it could get...

Quick Reply: converting carbed LQ to procharger efi