Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What muffler for a remote turbo?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 11:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Default What muffler for a remote turbo?????

Right now I have true duals on my cammed 5.3 S10. They go straight into magnaflow 12" bullets dumped before axle.... yeah that was cool for a while.... don't get me wrong it sounds good but it's just too damn loud! I really want to go for the sleeper approach with my rear mount setup this go around. Like maybe a factory 2010 camaro exhaust setup or trailblazer SS tone. Also just wondering how loud would my truck be if I just ran the exhaust right out of the turbo with no piping on the exhaust outlet at all? Im building the truck in stages, so from turbo exhaust outlet back may be done at a later date. I want to get the scavenge pump and turbo mounted before I run the post turbo piping for them
Old 11-16-2013, 01:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use bullets since they are straight through design nothing is going to restrict flow.

You can get the dyno max brand in different lengths. Some are pretty long so they should quite things down a good bit with two 20+ inch long bodied bullets on there. Don't know how quite it will get, maybe not stock camaro quite but it will be better than dumps. Just don't put a chambered muffler on it because those can effect spool.

Run it out the side of the bed by the back tire or all the way to the bumper. Either way the pipe cant exit under the truck/car or else it will still be loud AF inside the car.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a sts kit for my vette and will be using corsa extreme to try to eliminate any possibility of highway drone.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Would the truck be pretty loud if I just ran exhaust right out of the turbo for a while? With no piping behind it? I wanna setup the turbo next week before it gets cold. I don't have my vband In the mail yet either.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

My downpipes are going to be about 8-10" long and dump just before the bed. I'm also dynomatting the floor of the cab.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Summit part number 63535. Cheap quiets it down but not to much.just put like 2 of them in.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any harm with just running the exhaust right from the turbine without any piping for about a week until I can get my muffler?

Quick Reply: What muffler for a remote turbo?????