Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

compound boost. turbo on ctsv, gt500, ford gt, terminator... keeping the blower

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was compelled to comment, because this is so gay, fruit loop, weird,exc... You want to make an extra 89 hp on a blower car, spray it a 100 shot. Don't waste your money. It is so gay.. Ha ha ...
Old 08-01-2015, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stage274
I was compelled to comment, because this is so gay, fruit loop, weird,exc... You want to make an extra 89 hp on a blower car, spray it a 100 shot. Don't waste your money. It is so gay.. Ha ha ...
Ghey post is ghey
Old 08-04-2015, 01:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Ghey post is ghey
I am sorry if I offended you. I should have been more PC. But the gay comparison is right on. Because, you are putting two systems together that was never meant to be together in the first place, it was not designed to be together! So my gay analogy must of hit a nerve with you. If you swing that way, thats cool man, I am not judging, I have no problem with that. And I do apologize. I am more offended at this blower turbo set up, than I am with this whole Gay marriage thing.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stage274
I am sorry if I offended you. I should have been more PC. But the gay comparison is right on. Because, you are putting two systems together that was never meant to be together in the first place, it was not designed to be together! So my gay analogy must of hit a nerve with you. If you swing that way, thats cool man, I am not judging, I have no problem with that. And I do apologize. I am more offended at this blower turbo set up, than I am with this whole Gay marriage thing.
Haha you're funny!

have you never heard of multi stage compressors? How about these things know as jet engines that have multi stage compressors and turbines! Wonder how "gay" you must think they are.

As for compound boost not working you should really tell this guy (see link below). His "gay" compound boost setup is only allowing him to get a class win if not full event win at every event he attends....

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=315815
Old 08-04-2015, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

The ignorant fool bashing on the concept because it's "weird", queer, different, whatever... yeah, you can, and should, just leave.

The fact that it's not common is what makes this a good discussion. Comments like "it's gay", contribute nothing. Even if you disagree, there are better ways to inform us. If you have hard data, evidence, or knowledge to support your claim that this is a waste of time, then please join the discussion and share your thoughts, experience, or opinions in a way that doesn't make you sound like an ignorant jackass.

As for the actual topic at hand, I think we can all agree that twincharging makes sense for people who already have a blower, and want more. Pretty simple, really.

The blower belt tax is moot, because it gives more than it takes. Same with turbos and backpressure.

This isn't really for road racing, or drag racing. But for everyone else who drives their car and want power everywhere, this is perfect.

Yes, a big single turbo will make more top end without a blower. Nobody is arguing that.

But in a street car, where you don't have a one million rpm stall converter, where you aren't launching at 4500rpms, where you aren't driving above 5k to keep your twins spoiled or "you're in the wrong gear"... For everyone that just wants a beast of a car that is a beast everywhere, every day, all the time... Even, oh my god, say under 5000rpms... This is a pretty good solution.

The biggest challenge in this is blower durability and tuning. Everything else is actually pretty simple. Whoever said it on the first page about turbos moving high mass and low volume, and blowers moving high volume but low mass, really summed it up.

I guess the real question is, if your car already came with a blower, why aren't you twincharging it?

Quick Reply: compound boost. turbo on ctsv, gt500, ford gt, terminator... keeping the blower