Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

not LS, but you're Smart People lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not LS, but you're Smart People lol

quick question just looking for some insight on this, currently have a gen1 SBC 327, so 4.030 bore 3.25 stroke.. running 10.35;1 compression ratio right now, to acheive this on this set up have a 64cc combustion chamber and a +5cc dome with valve reliefs..

I know this is not LS related but there is a very large amount of knoweldge in this forum and so far people have been very helpful

Thinking about getting a turbo set up going for this current build oviously the compression is not ideal, but does it seem possible to do a fuelinjection swap and run low boost, i know some of these ls engines can run 10.5;1 all day I will be running E85 80# injectors with front mount, just dont have the money to do a full ls swap right now so if i get the turbo stuff set up that will set me up good for running the LS later. Any opinions on this would be awesome, or even somewhere to get some insight on my compression ratio issue. just worried about having the dome piston more that the compression because this is such a short stroke engine the piston has to have a dome where as a typical 355 would be flat top.

thinking s475 turbo, maybe 8psi on this engine, obviously would go quite a bit higher on the LS build.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Intercooled it would be just fine just be conservative with ignition timing.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

On e85 and intercooled, should have no problem at all imo. Few lbs of boost is safe with iron heads, but could get more with aluminum
Old 12-10-2013, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

kind of what i was thinking, but i have no experience with boost hands on yet, so hate to waste a lot of time and money ya know, thanks for the input..
would it be worth while doing EFI conversion, or should i just attempt to source a blow through E85 carb and do an LS ignition system from AEM

or if planning to go with the holley dominator for the LS swap in a year or two, is it possible to disable the fuel tuning and just use the ignition timing and boost control?
Old 12-10-2013, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I like efi but right blow thru stuff works fine too

Best of all worlds is doin a ls1 ecm conversion on that sbc for efi control, so when you are ready to go lsx you will have electrical side done for the most part and motor will drop right in
Old 12-10-2013, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Orr89rocz
I like efi but right blow thru stuff works fine too

Best of all worlds is doin a ls1 ecm conversion on that sbc for efi control, so when you are ready to go lsx you will have electrical side done for the most part and motor will drop right in
right, thats kind of my thoughts.. any suggestions on a decent system to use, is this something that could be accomplished with the holley systems, i like the self tune feature for dialing the tune in.. my only concern would be the firing order? i see you have an efi powered iroc, what do you use for that set up?
Old 12-10-2013, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

AH HAH, found your thred on TGO, reading it as we speak..
Old 12-10-2013, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah you could use holley stuff just fine and even adapt it to lsx down the road. All depends on what you want to do
Old 12-10-2013, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

thanks again for the help, i see you have a detailed thread on TGO ill be going through that over there, too bad a lot of the pictures no longer showing but so far sounds like a badd *** ride. probably just be doing the EFI conversion to start as my budget is a little tight and do not want to overextend myself too bad but should be able to tackle the EFI system pretty easily and get the dominator set up as well.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah my turbo build thread had pics loaded at webshots and it went under. I have them backed up on photobucket but havent went thru thread to update it

Quick Reply: not LS, but you're Smart People lol