Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

mod turbo hotside setup q's

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mod turbo hotside setup q's

So a guy is trying to sell me a modular turbo hotside setup with truck manifolds. I went on their site and couldn't get the pictures I was looking for. Is anyone on here running that setup? I did some searching on google and didn't find much info. I would like to see some installed pics please. The site says you can only run up to a 78mm turbo due to the fact of stock location of radiator. I would like to run bigger then that and don't mind moving the radiator and fans. Please anyone with info I would appreciate any info. I know they aren't a sponsor anymore I hope this doesn't get deleted
Old 12-25-2013, 06:59 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't see any issue with it at this point... as long as it doesn't turn into an advertisement for Modular Turbo since they are no longer a sponsor.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I am curious about this as well. I have been wondering why no one runs this setup especially for the price. I tried searching earlier today and really didn't find much at all about them.

It does worry me that they are no longer a sponsor though. Without going into specifics was it because of shady dealings or something else?
Old 12-28-2013, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i gave them a call yesterday and spoke with Rob i believe. first off very very nice guy. was very helpful especially since i wasnt buying anything from him and provided me with all the info i needed and why they arent a sponor here anymore etc...this kit was built around a stock radiator and stock k frame setup. he said the biggest turbo he knew of that they fit was a large frame t4 such as a tc78 etc altho he had never personally tried to fit a t6 or turbo of similar size. this kit comes with special motor mounts that are needed for downpipe fitment as its based off the stock k frame. he also said there was only about 10 of these kits ever made and are very rare. very nice guy and was very informative, great custom service

Quick Reply: mod turbo hotside setup q's