Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Microsquirt log question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microsquirt log question

I'm seeing some strangeness in my logs which I'd like to get some thoughts on from some of you guys that have more fuel injection experience than I do.
This is one of the passes from this weekend...what seems strange is on the center panel...Pulse width, duty cycle, and coolant temp have these weird "fangs" ...sudden drops and then recovery. I'm seeing these in all my logs..the "good" passes to the others where it had developed a small skip down track. They don't seem to sync up with any other event to "cause" them and don't seem to effect other things such as AF ratio. Anybody have any insight?

For reference the setup is a junkyard 5.3, LS9 cam, 76mm, Microsquirt, 60lb Siemens injectors, air to water.

Last edited by 1fastpickup; 06-02-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know man. I'll check my old logs and see if I have anything similar. I do believe its time for you to turn the boost up and get some bigger injectors! 186kpa and 102% duty cycle?!
Old 06-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CameronVic
I don't know man. I'll check my old logs and see if I have anything similar. I do believe its time for you to turn the boost up and get some bigger injectors! 186kpa and 102% duty cycle?!
That would be great! This is only the 3rd pass on this setup so trying to creep up on it. Yeah I thought the 60lb would take it a little further. The 102% was at over 6900rpm with a AF of 10.9...so part of that is in the tune.

It's a 3937lb full-size truck that went 7.17@96 on this pass...so I'm pretty happy with it overall. Just trying to get the tune all figured out.

BTW - this has a "CameronVic" style intercooler setup in it!

Last edited by 1fastpickup; 06-03-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's freaking awesome! Get rid of that little (small diameter) bulkhead fitting on the cooler though! And any other one on your system! It's killing the flow of that bilge pump!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Upload the log.

But as far as coolant temp goes. Typically those sensors are fairly slow to respond, so the drops are unlikely to be accurate readings. Probably electrical interference somewhere.

Does the coolant temp wiring run near the HT leads or something ?

Using resistor plugs ?

Ecu ground and sensor ground wiring all good ?

upload the log for a better look, screenshots show so little of the overall picture.

Quick Reply: Microsquirt log question