Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

where to draw the line.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 12:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default where to draw the line.

So when does the line get drawn that a guy asks a question about a certain cx racing turbo kit and posts a link and his thread gets locked for the statement of free advertising? Yet, another member posts the same turbo company in a poll with a paying sponsor and that thread remains open with more than double the posts. Tech has sure changed. I guess people change too.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:37 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Again, simply mentioning non-sponsor products is not disallowed. The same non-sponsor advertisement policy (no direct links/direct contact info) was instituted by the original founders of this site well before it became the property of IB. I think some people here have a selective memory when it comes to history.

We can't catch every post or thread that doesn't follow the rules exactly. Nobody on staff has the time to read every single post made on the site, but when something is caught or reported we will deal with it accordingly.

There is no need for all this drama. The thread you are referring to above didn't get locked because of the non-sponsor link. The link was removed and the thread was allowed to continue, and would have stayed that way if the thread had remained tech-focused.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:17 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

What people didn't get was asking about a non-sponsor kit isn't going to help much since the most knowledgeable people would be the one who built the kit. Since they aren't a sponsor on this site, and I don't know if they are even a member, the chances of getting solid answers is tough.

Quick Reply: where to draw the line.