Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Stock car to Race Car.....??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 11:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stock car to Race Car.....??

Thanks for viewing my thread i wish i had started one a year ago..basically i had a bone stock 02 SS..and now its getting to the point of do i make it a race car by cutting it and adding a cage and losing weight for ET sakes, or do i just enjoy what it does at the track and just enjoy it..
In the past year so much has went into this car..
a huron speed a/c kit, forged 347 going in it soon, rpm lvl 6 60e, pst driveshaft, to a 9inch..
i have every piece adjustable that BMR offers except for a PA racing turbo k member and a spohn anti roll as i like how itsa solid piece.
i have a full stereo system from speakers to subs
added a 2 step to work woth the trans brake, Alky Meth so i cant stand my radiator up and use the tank it comes with anddd keep a/c so im limited on turbo size..
and between fans and injectors and allllll the little parts..itsa badass street car.
i recently as in this week put on my billet specialties beadlocks with 17x4.5 fronts..and ive been building it for the track alll along..now that it looks like an 8 second car from the outside do i just enjoy what i have? or do i cut it apart and lose a/c to fit a big badass turbo, dump thousands inna good motor..more into a tranny that will hold it and add a cage..and then sweat my ***** off on the street just to be able to run 8's twice a year when i have alotta fun on the street and dont wanna lose alotta streetability..
idk i just dont know how to ever know when to stop..and know when having a good amount of power is enough..
maybe its all these tx2k youtube street race vids makin me want my camaro to be like fr8 train or somethin..i know some1 else is in my boat..because to keep it how it is now..i can only go sooo fast...
ill try to upload pics when i can..thanks for reading
Old 09-28-2014, 11:38 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If your tired of enjoying the car, make it a race car.

That way, you can deal with the joys of not being able to drive it on the street and get to load it on a trailer everytime you want to go to the track.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea thats a very good point..im not at that point yet though haha im still enjoying it, its just where do i want to enjoy it the most..because as we allllll know our cars dont have much room to fit a big enough turbo and keep a/c and keep it like a full street car but then be able to take it to the track..like people with a supra do. I mean everyone on here makin 1k hp thats single, seems to not have a/c because theres just no room for it..then like i said theres a cage needed, weight reductions. to make all these low ET's we all love getting.. its basically like i enjoy the street and dont want a race car only..but race car only seems the only way if u want big power....hmmm
Old 09-29-2014, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kmspeedie
yea thats a very good point..im not at that point yet though haha im still enjoying it, its just where do i want to enjoy it the most..because as we allllll know our cars dont have much room to fit a big enough turbo and keep a/c and keep it like a full street car but then be able to take it to the track..like people with a supra do. I mean everyone on here makin 1k hp thats single, seems to not have a/c because theres just no room for it..then like i said theres a cage needed, weight reductions. to make all these low ET's we all love getting.. its basically like i enjoy the street and dont want a race car only..but race car only seems the only way if u want big power....hmmm
I'm losing AC because i dont use it but other than that my car will be street driven a lot. The more streetable you want to keep it while going fast the more it's going to cost you. 4L80e to keep overdrive and when the time times ill have my cage made to keep all of the speakers in the car. It might not be a light weight but it'll definitely roll out.

Quick Reply: Stock car to Race Car.....??