Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

new guy ls build, looking for input

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy ls build, looking for input

hey guys, Ill start off and say im a complete newbie when it comes to the LS platform.
Iv been around cars and drag racing my whole life and luckily enough has blossomed into a career even.

Iv been gaining alot of interest into the 275 classes that are amazing to watch and have left me now wanting to build my own 275 car. The car of choice hasnt been determined yet but the motor of course will be an LS which brings me to you guys.

Iv been doing reading when i have the time , trying to learn what i can but i figured id start a thread here as i dont think it will hurt as my research continues.

Iv decided it will be a twin turbo deal with a long term goal of 1500+ HP. Aside from that i need input. I would actually like to built it to be around 800hp at first then down the road crank the ol'girl up to the 1500hp mark im shooting for.
Like i said iv been reading alot and maybe its just the articles iv read but it seem like 370ci is kinda a good standered, is this the case? Whats the reason i see so many 370 motors? stock size?

I also noticed there are sub-sections of the forum for different generation , any main differencs a guys should know about? obviously there is something different otherwise you wouldnt have the different sub's but could somebody give me the cliff notes on them?

I have many questions and will continue asking them as the thread goes on but i guess what this really comes down to in the end is what would you build, what parts would you use, what parts would you NOT use, what are the fast guys using, etc.

Thanks for all the help and info il learn as i go on

Quick Reply: new guy ls build, looking for input