Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Quick answer/opinion needed on my fuel system..

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Quick answer/opinion needed on my fuel system..

Ok quick rundown...ill be starting a new build thread since im going forced induction...

Im needing a fuel system in my SS, and pretty much have everything already that im pretty sure will work...but would like opinions as to why it wouldnt, or if i should go a different route...but being as i have all of this, minus very few fittings...id like to make this work...

Goals for the car are 1k rwhp on E85, 6.0 l96 motor with ls3 ported heads,vict jr intake with fast 4150 custom grind from martin, th400, ford 8.8 rear, turbo is a PT8847

Now heres what i already have for fuel system from previous builds that i never got around to using...plus what i currently have on my car...

Edelbrock vict jr with edelbrock rails

TWO a1000 pumps, plumbed individually to each rail, and out each rail into a single common regulator, with return to the tank...i also have an extreme diesel performance fuel sump, with a pair of outlets

Ive got enough -10 and -8 prolite hose to basically do whatever needed, all id need is a few various fittings...

Anyone see a problem with doing it this way? I know both a1000 pumps are overkill, But one wont be enough...and id rather have more then i need, then not enough...ive also got the aeromotive pump controller laying around somewhere...
Old 10-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Why not run a single magnafuel 4303? Cheaper than two A1000s, less plumbing, less noise, and its still capable of 2000 or so HP.

I'm NOT a fan of the A1000s after going through two of them in a few months on one car.

If you already have the stuff, there isn't much reason not to try it though. No there isn't anything wrong with it, you just described half of the dual pump setups on this site.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:22 AM
8 Second Club

A1000s suck sell them both and buy a holley 12-1800, if you are set on running the A1000s I would y them together b4 the rails
Old 10-19-2014, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Should be more than fine. I agree its more in the league of "overkill".

Quick Reply: Quick answer/opinion needed on my fuel system..