Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost signal

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost signal

So I have a vauume distribution block where the boost signal come in for my fuel pressure regulator, and for the bottom of the gates.

However I started to hook up the solinoids for the boost controller and was about to run the line to that block as well, but I got to thinking that the vacuum might suck the gates open. But then I also thought well the same vacuum would be getting applied to the bottom of the gate so it would cancel each other out.

Anyone have gates hooked up like that?

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2014, 12:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Busa_rob
So I have a vauume distribution block where the boost signal come in for my fuel pressure regulator, and for the bottom of the gates.

However I started to hook up the solinoids for the boost controller and was about to run the line to that block as well, but I got to thinking that the vacuum might suck the gates open. But then I also thought well the same vacuum would be getting applied to the bottom of the gate so it would cancel each other out.

Anyone have gates hooked up like that?

Thanks!
I would never hook up wastegate plumbing to the same small diameter feeds as any critical things like FPR or MAP sensor signal.

Boost control via the gates/solenoids will bleed air off, this is an air leak which can lead to a false signal at the FPR or MAP sensor etc.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah good point...
Old 11-11-2014, 07:05 PM
8 Second Club

Received 700 Likes on 441 Posts

This is where I'm getting gate pressure.
Works well, is convenient (if not running pcv, catch can etc) and is ahead of the throttle blade.

Ron
Old 11-13-2014, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I didn't know that was a vauume source. (Well pressure in that case) thought that was a coolant passage.

Guess I need to cap that off. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Boost signal