Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Boost reference on front vs rear of intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boost reference on front vs rear of intake

Is their any difference in referencing boost/vac from the brake booster port on the rear of the LS6 intake compared to sourcing it from the intake just after the TB? Does sourcing just after the TB make any difference because it's at a 90* compared to a straight shot at the rear of the intake?

I would prefer to use the brake booster port for my reference. I have a manifold block to distribute a signal to my FPR, Eboost2, and BOV's. My gates are on separate 2 port solenoids referenced from the compressor housing.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2015, 04:58 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't tell you for certain that from a technical aspect if there is any difference but I can tell you that I have set it up both ways with no issues.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:35 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubicylndr
Is their any difference in referencing boost/vac from the brake booster port on the rear of the LS6 intake compared to sourcing it from the intake just after the TB? Does sourcing just after the TB make any difference because it's at a 90* compared to a straight shot at the rear of the intake?

I would prefer to use the brake booster port for my reference. I have a manifold block to distribute a signal to my FPR, Eboost2, and BOV's. My gates are on separate 2 port solenoids referenced from the compressor housing.

Thanks
Ive done it both ways.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet. Thx
Old 01-24-2015, 08:07 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Cubicylndr

Thanks
Wont matter front or rear.

Ensuring boost solenoids are not taken from the above is also a good thing. So what you propose sounds fine.

Quick Reply: Boost reference on front vs rear of intake