Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

converters for th400 on fbody

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 04:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converters for th400 on fbody

hi guys any one used TCI StreetFighter converters part 241001 Do you work good or not
Old 02-18-2015, 07:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was it spec'd out for your build? If not, then its pretty much a toss up. If you have a boosted application, the converter is as important in the turbo/blower you purchase.........

Will it work? Yes. Will it work to your build's full potential? Probably not.....

Last edited by SwampWS6; 02-18-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by camarols6
hi guys any one used TCI StreetFighter converters part 241001 Do you work good or not
Yes I've had a couple of their converters. Sent one out to Coan to go through and see if they could tighten it up some and they said do not even put the converter back in the car, it is not designed to hold the power. This was my 600-700hp 5.3.

A TCI converter, even their race ones, are ok for a 400hp N/A setup.. beyond that they suck.

Also had one, a "race converter" pushing back into the trans and messing up pumps, sent it back, they said they cut it open and went through it and everything was fine, when we got it back the paint was still the same and the thing had never been touched. Put it back in the car anyway and it took out another pump. So im not happy with their service either.

Midwest is another one to avoid.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
Yes I've had a couple of their converters. Sent one out to Coan to go through and see if they could tighten it up some and they said do not even put the converter back in the car, it is not designed to hold the power. This was my 600-700hp 5.3.

A TCI converter, even their race ones, are ok for a 400hp N/A setup.. beyond that they suck.

Also had one, a "race converter" pushing back into the trans and messing up pumps, sent it back, they said they cut it open and went through it and everything was fine, when we got it back the paint was still the same and the thing had never been touched. Put it back in the car anyway and it took out another pump. So im not happy with their service either.

Midwest is another one to avoid.
Sounds pretty shitty. Sounds like it can be a crapshoot. I am for some reason having very good luck, as I bought a generic "FTI 3600rpm stall TH400" off of the classifieds, and it is holding up to my power, and I am only getting 9-10% slip on the top end. But I will replace it pretty soon. We will see what my slip % is when I turn up this boost.

Quick Reply: converters for th400 on fbody