Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

XS power bov an wastegate are they any good

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, when it comes to controlling boost, I'd not skimp.

If your WG fails........you can overboost once and blow your motor

If your BOV fails........it's not good for the turbo, but certainly can happen a few times without any serious failures or secondary damage. Alternatively, if it leaks, then again, it's not causing damage and can be replaced easily.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Consider the time, money and effort spent on your complete setup.. now ask your self if you're ready to jepordize the whole thing for a couple hundred bucks.

Buy a known quality unit i.e. TiAL, Preciscion etc..
Old 07-26-2015, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 497 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by 97_ek
I am running an XSPower gate with no issues. Holds 8 lbs of pressure throughout entire pull. However, my XSPower BOV isn't working. I've only had the setup going a couple of days, and it sounds like the BOV isn't opening. I'm hearing compressor surge.

I think the BOV came with two different springs. I left the one that came in it to start with, but it has another in the box. Does anyone know if I might need to swap out to the other spring? Has anyone else had to do this with their BOV?
How did you know this was an issue 97? I'm running a used Tial 38mm WG and Tial 50mm BOV and the only spring I changed was the WG to bring the boost down. How do you know when to change the BOV spring? When I get into boost and lift I can hear the BOV fluttering so am I good? Thanks bud!

Quick Reply: XS power bov an wastegate are they any good