Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need help with Boost

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Boost

Hallo.
Been a few years since i sold my car, but missed it so much i bought another one. This time i want to use the car as a car just for fun, and it it is a cheap good platform for a street/strip car. I think...

I want to do a pro-charger or similar setup, so basically this is one of the normal how much boost can i run, but before you lynch me for not using the search button, i have and allot. So my question becomes a bit more technical, so bear with me.

I want to run a stock bottom end LS1 with 317 heads. With an MLS 0,05 head gasket this will give me a compression ratio of 9.5:1.
To reach my goal of 600+ rwhp, which is pushing it a bit, i know, but lots have done it i would like to run 11-12 psi. But at that CR my ECR is to high for 95 octane fuel. So to solve the high ECR, and prevent knock, most people run lots of meth. But i am not interested in running meth. So if a choose a different rout, i lowér my CR by using a 0.1 MLS gasket in stead (or 2 normal gaskets, but not sure that is a good idea) My CR will be 8.7 and that will bring mu ECR within normal range. This will cause me to lose a bit of HP, but it should also be a lot easier on the pistons, and lets face it the ring-lands need all the help they can get.

So can someone please tell me if i am dreaming, or if this sounds reasonable???

Last edited by Denmark; 04-15-2015 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

If you're stuck with crap fuel, then yes lowering the CR is by far the most sensible option. And really..it wont hurt power that much.

Dont be afraid to use more boost with it though if you do get the CR down to sensible levels.

Quick Reply: Need help with Boost