Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Loud alarm on STS turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud alarm on STS turbo

Been having issues with my 2001 Camaro SS turbo. Initially having intermittent problems with starting the car and turbo wouldn't spin. found out small piece of rust was binding up the turbo. Removed the rust. Then the car stopped wanting to start. Found out it was the BCM. Replaced it. Now the car has this loud alarm that wont go off unless I disconnect the wires. The wires look like an audio jack that connect together behind the glove box. Took a picture of this box that the wires feed into. The wires also go through firewall and travel down the firewall to the drivers side and go by the fuse boxes. Im not sure whats causing this. My car is also smoking pretty bad. Im getting the car looked at in the next couple weeks but was hoping that I could get a little input or ideas of what could be causing this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails Loud alarm on STS turbo-oil-alarm.jpg  
Old 05-01-2015, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hottcamaro86
Been having issues with my 2001 Camaro SS turbo. Initially having intermittent problems with starting the car and turbo wouldn't spin. found out small piece of rust was binding up the turbo. Removed the rust. Then the car stopped wanting to start. Found out it was the BCM. Replaced it. Now the car has this loud alarm that wont go off unless I disconnect the wires. The wires look like an audio jack that connect together behind the glove box. Took a picture of this box that the wires feed into. The wires also go through firewall and travel down the firewall to the drivers side and go by the fuse boxes. Im not sure whats causing this. My car is also smoking pretty bad. Im getting the car looked at in the next couple weeks but was hoping that I could get a little input or ideas of what could be causing this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
The oil scavenge pump is shot, and the alarm is telling you that. Install a Exa oil scavenge pump instead of that junk pump that comes with sts kits. This will cure the smoking issues.
Old 05-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dmaxvaz
The oil scavenge pump is shot, and the alarm is telling you that. Install a Exa oil scavenge pump instead of that junk pump that comes with sts kits. This will cure the smoking issues.

Definitely appreciate the advice. That's exactly what I will do. im assuming this is the same reason why my car is also losing oil???
Old 05-01-2015, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

You should pull the charge pipes off and see if there is oil in them. I bet your turbo seals are pissed. Pull the down pipe as well.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Hottcamaro86
Definitely appreciate the advice. That's exactly what I will do. im assuming this is the same reason why my car is also losing oil???
Yep. The oil from the turbo won't drain without the pump.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dmaxvaz
Yep. The oil from the turbo won't drain without the pump.
Some good advice.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Yeah, Exa Pump. We run them on any of our bottom or rear mount turbo setups. Just make sure you have a bullet proof wiring system so you don't have to worry about it failing.

Quick Reply: Loud alarm on STS turbo