Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PCV Help LS1 Procharger D1SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 03:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV Help LS1 Procharger D1SC

I have seriously been reading forum after forum for 12 hrs now. Maybe my brain is fried but I a hoping someone can help guide me here. I originally installed my PCV system how the LSX procharger instructions told me to ( so I thought ) and I was blowing oil out of every orifice on my motor. Obviously I was pressurizing the crankcase. I took the car into a local tuning shop to have them dyno tune the car and fix my pcv issue. The tuner removed the pcv system altogether and ran a breather on the front pass and rear driver along with a SD tune. I have put 200 miles on the car and it runs great, I am very happy with how the car runs.

My complaint however is the $&@! fuel fumes every time I go into boost. It smells as if someone dumped 5 gallons of fuel on my floor. I have a faint smell of oil as well. I really need to figure out some type of a PCV system so this awful fuel odor goes away. It is a nice car and it's downright embarrassing when I give friends rides. Most people think the car sprung a fuel leak and can't stop talking about the smell.

What is the most simple method to running a PCV system on a procharged LS1? I am willing to go out tomorrow and buy the necessary parts and get this done if I can get a little direction. I am racing the car at my local dragstrip Friday and I'd love to have this all done and out of the way before then. If someone wouldn't mind looking over my engine pic and making a quick diagram of how to set this up I will be very grateful. Hopefully my local auto zone / orilleys have the parts necessary to do what I need to do. If not, I will place an overnight order with Summit to get it done.

I have downloaded about 10 different pictures from different threads. Instead of trying to piece all these different options together i'd rather have someone who knows more than I do help me with this. I want to do it right the first time instead of having this turn into a month long battle. I don't know if I need a canister or if I can do it without one. All I know is the smell needs to go away. Any help with this will be much appreciated. I'll be eagerly waiting for knowledgeable replies.

Thank you.

Old 05-11-2015, 05:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to know this also for my procharged 2000 T/A. I am thinking that a vaccum line from the intake side of the procharger inlet ran to one of the valve covers or in my case the LS6 valley cover will be the best source. I may also run a catch can just to be sure the oil stays out of the air intake system.

Quick Reply: PCV Help LS1 Procharger D1SC