Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Tick Turbo Cam, which stage.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tick Turbo Cam, which stage.

Hello, I have been researching as many threads as possible for months now. I finally decided on a forced induction setup, which ended up being the Huron T4 kit with the TC78 turbo(purchased kit a couple weeks ago during sale). I am rounding up other supporting parts as well to start the build this winter and was looking at shelf cams. It looks like the Tick Performance Stage 1 turbo cam is geared for that specific size turbo. I was wondering if I would stand anything to gain though by going with the Stage 2 turbo cam instead and if it would have any negative effects by doing so? I was also thinking of going with the Stage 2 cam in the event I ever go a little bigger on the turbo down the road as well. Hopefully this subject hasn't been beat to death already, but I haven't found alot of threads on the specifics of these cams from Tick and was hoping for some real world feedback. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Personally, I would get the stage one cam. I would focus on efficiency, not power. Get everything working really well together and drive it for a while.

When you want to turn up the power and get a bigger turbo, it's time for a custom grind cam anyways, so the stage two cam isn't really going to give you any room to grow.

And I'm a fan of using the smallest cam possible that will still achieve your goals.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

X2, I went in thinking I wanted "big cam", but when someone who Knows more than you suggests otherwise, heed the advise.
I was specd the stage one cam.

Quick Reply: Tick Turbo Cam, which stage.