Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

No more needles!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 05:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rare96LT1Formula
So, you claim to have the best trunion upgrade, but as a client - I'm unable to know what the "bushing" material is? I'm intrigued, but I don't install components in mine, or ANY high performance engine where materials are kept secret from the end user.

You can "guarantee" that you have the best trunion upgrade on the market, yet you cannot even disclose what a simply bushing is derived from??

Not trying to bash, I just don't get it.
That is the great thing about free enterprise and having the choice to buy from whom you please in the country you and I live in.

It's your right to have the prerogative to buy your parts from whom you please, and it's my prerogative to keep some materials that are proprietary to myself.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wcch had these for years, nothing new.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin Smallwood
That is the great thing about free enterprise and having the choice to buy from whom you please in the country you and I live in.

It's your right to have the prerogative to buy your parts from whom you please, and it's my prerogative to keep some materials that are proprietary to myself.

Good call. Just like how lg doesn't release cam specs. I personally wont buy one but lots of people do and its their choice.

If the trunion upgrade performs well I dont care if its made of blood diamonds. Well maybe not blood diamonds but you get my drift.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
Good call. Just like how lg doesn't release cam specs. I personally wont buy one but lots of people do and its their choice.

If the trunion upgrade performs well I dont care if its made of blood diamonds. Well maybe not blood diamonds but you get my drift.
They are obviously made of highly concentrated Mustang tears.
Old 01-13-2016, 05:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dmaxvaz
Wcch had these for years, nothing new.
Ehh, I wouldn't say that. CHE is the only company that has offered a bushing style trunion upgrade for LS rocker arms.

CHE was charging the last I checked well over 400 dollars for their bushing rockers. You send your rockers in and they install their kit.

For 160 bucks, this new trunion kit is MUCH more affordable AND offers dedicated oiling channels to the bushing unlike the CHE kit.
Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01

Drift understood...

Originally Posted by Mercier
They are obviously made of highly concentrated Mustang tears.
Now that is funny! LOL
Old 01-15-2016, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Martin,

You're absolutely right, and I somewhat understand the logic behind bits and pieces of your logic.

I only ask because when a new product comes to market, released by a new vendor (or ANY manufacturer for that matter), claims to have a unicorn product, for lack of a better phrase, at half the cost of the competition and goes on to tout "proprietary" design/parts, but then refuses to disclose if they even have a patent pending..... Well, I'm thinking you can understand my lack of willingness to install these into a $15k+ high performance engine.

You failed to indicate if you have any patent pending, so it's obvious whatever you have is far from proven.

Not trying to thread crap. I love the fact that you're developing a product for a platform that still thrives after nearly two decades on the market. I just wish there was a little transparency for the potential client base.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:19 PM
FormerVendor

Martin,

You're absolutely right, and I somewhat understand the logic behind bits and pieces of your logic.

I only ask because when a new product comes to market, released by a new vendor (or ANY manufacturer for that matter), claims to have a unicorn product, for lack of a better phrase, at half the cost of the competition and goes on to tout "proprietary" design/parts, but then refuses to disclose if they even have a patent pending..... Well, I'm thinking you can understand my lack of willingness to install these into a $15k+ high performance engine.

You failed to indicate if you have any patent pending, so it's obvious whatever you have is far from proven.

Not trying to thread crap. I love the fact that you're developing a product for a platform that still thrives after nearly two decades on the market. I just wish there was a little transparency for the potential client base.
So because I didn't bend to your whim when you asked what the bushing was made of you make unsubstantiated assumptions and bash the product.

If you don't have anything constructive to add, I politely ask that you please refrain from posting.

Last edited by Martin Smallwood; 01-15-2016 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

So because I didn't bend to your whim when you asked what the bushing was made of you make unsubstantiated assumptions and bash the product.

If you don't have anything constructive to add, I politely ask that you please refrain from posting.
I merely politely inquired twice if your miracle trunion had a patent pending, a question which you've not answered. Maybe its curiosity, maybe its obsessive compulsive disorder, I'm not sure. But one thing that I am sure of, is I don't run new products without real world results or hang my hat on "proprietary" fairy dust.

CHE makes no effort to hide what their bushing is made of, bronze alloy.

But what do I know, I'm no metallurgist.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Last time I looked Coke and KFC were not releasing any formula's or recipes. When someone wants to knock it off then they will know what the bushing material is and I am sure they won't say anything either.

Simple truth in this industry is R&D means Rip off and Duplicate. The sad part about this most of the production is sent to China for the producing. These parts of made in the USA by US craftsman with names like Bill, Steve, and Martin. Materials used are found in both military, marine, and aeronautical industries and have proven cycle time in high speed fulcrum applications.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cstraub
Last time I looked Coke and KFC were not releasing any formula's or recipes. When someone wants to knock it off then they will know what the bushing material is and I am sure they won't say anything either.

Simple truth in this industry is R&D means Rip off and Duplicate. The sad part about this most of the production is sent to China for the producing. These parts of made in the USA by US craftsman with names like Bill, Steve, and Martin. Materials used are found in both military, marine, and aeronautical industries and have proven cycle time in high speed fulcrum applications.
Totally agree.

Those companies have made the Organizational decision to utilize trade secret versus a patent. You're in here talking about high fructose corn syrup and mutant chickens, while I've asked a Forum Vendor - whom I'd potentially be a client of, if he'd be willing to discuss more about what makes his unproven, untested product the unicorn of valve train geometry and rocker arm stability - yet has ZERO evidence to support it.

Like I said before, I'm happy to see new products developed for a platform nearly as old as Martin himself. It's just a shame he's chosen a politician's attitude towards expressing (or complete lack thereof) what exactly differentiates his product from his competition.

Thus far, the answer is arrogance - standard in my experiences dealing with him when he was at Tick Performance, and precisely what lead to numerous threads on YB, Facebook posts from Tick themselves, etc.

As I've stated before, I have no desire to thread crap - which this has clearly become. Had my question been answered the first, second, or even third time I asked it, these posts wouldn't even exist.

Last edited by Rare96LT1Formula; 01-25-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Total agree.

Those companies have made the Organizational decision to utilize trade secret versus a patent. You're in here talking about high fructose corn syrup and mutant chickens, while I've asked a Forum Vendor - whom I'd potentially be a client of, if he'd be willing to discuss more about what makes his unproven, untested product the unicorn of valve train geometry and rocker arm stability - yet has ZERO evidence to support it.

Like I said before, I'm happy to see new products developed for a platform nearly as old as Martin himself. It's just a shame he's chosen a politician's attitude towards expressing (or complete lack thereof) what exactly differentiates his product from his competition.

Thus far, the answer is arrogance - standard in my experiences dealing with him when he was at Tick Performance, and precisely what lead to numerous threads on YB, Facebook posts from Tick themselves, etc.

As I've stated before, I have no desire to thread crap - which this has clearly become. Had my question been answered the first, second, or even third time I asked it, these posts wouldn't even exist.
You seem to possibly have a personal issue with Mr. Smallwood. Just drop it already, your point has been proven, we got it.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hi-Po
You seem to possibly have a personal issue with Mr. Smallwood. Just drop it already, your point has been proven, we got it.
Not in the slightest. I have several friends running his camshafts ground on Cam Motion 8620 cores - every single one of them run strong throughout their respective powerbands. Each application I think Martin did a great job spec'ing their camshafts to his clients goals, as I've witnessed and even run against their vehicles at the track.

I LOVE the fact that new products are being developed for this platform, I think it speaks volumes to the love, strength, and versatility of the LSx engine. I suppose my insecurity in regards to the bushing material has gotten the best of me, and I sincerely apologize for having derailed the thread.

I truly hope these perform as advertised.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:54 PM
FormerVendor

Total agree.

This says it all about you and your posts. Your posts were meant as nothing but a platform for you to find something to bash me about, which you've clearly done a great job at.

Congratulations for ruining this thread.

This is a Straub Technologies product, whom the owner even posted in this thread and told you why he wasn't releasing information regarding the material used. So instead of accepting that you would not be told what the bushing was made out of, you clearly turned this into a crap flinging contest and incessantly bashed me.

The fact that friends of yours use me for their camshafts has nothing to do with you not having a personal issue with me, which you clearly do.

Last edited by Martin Smallwood; 01-18-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:52 PM
FormerVendor

Pictures for those that asked:

Name:  sureoil-1_zpsgrpuyr30.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  14.9 KB

Name:  sureoil-2_zpswtfecpw4.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  12.6 KB
Old 01-18-2016, 10:07 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I merely politely inquired twice if your miracle trunion had a patent pending, a question which you've not answered. Maybe its curiosity, maybe its obsessive compulsive disorder, I'm not sure. But one thing that I am sure of, is I don't run new products without real world results or hang my hat on "proprietary" fairy dust.

CHE makes no effort to hide what their bushing is made of, bronze alloy.

But what do I know, I'm no metallurgist.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.
I'm with you. I wouldn't buy it if I didn't know what it was made of. Plain and simple.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

You guys are gonna kill this product before it ever hits the shelves!!
Let's just let this get through some real world trials and get some feedback.
Of you have no intentions of buying stop posting.
Right me down for a set to run on some worked 243s
Old 01-18-2016, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

And also I'm sure it's a pretty big kick in the ***** to Martin, I bet he was pretty excited about releasing this product then all he gets is this bullshit. You guys are shameless
Old 01-18-2016, 10:26 PM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
You guys are gonna kill this product before it ever hits the shelves!!
Let's just let this get through some real world trials and get some feedback.
Of you have no intentions of buying stop posting.
Right me down for a set to run on some worked 243s
The guy is claiming these to be better than anything on the market and they haven't even been tested yet I mean yeah I hope they work and all but those are some bold claims with no data or real world testing.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Pictures for those that asked:

That looks incredible. just because it doesnt have a big brand sticker slapped on the side of the box doesnt give you the right to talk **** about someones hard work. Im sure there are plenty of cam companies that market there cams as "the best cam for xx application" but i dont see you tearing down walls to have them substantiate that claim. This guy is simply trying to unveil his product and is instantly met with bashing due to semantics.

And people wonder why its so hard to start a business.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Martin,

Do you plan on getting these to any well known engine builders? i would trust Kurt urban....

Quick Reply: No more needles!