Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

foxbody turbo build help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default foxbody turbo build help

I have a 91 foxbody with a 6.0 in it and it has a edelbrock pro x intake and 317 ported heads with a btr cam dur 278 int 287 exh DUR@. 050 int 226 exh 234 lobe sep 116 lift 605 576.I tore it down and put good rings and gap for boost and good bearing and head studs.It has a power glide with a trans brake and 1.82 first gear.This is my first turbo build and any advice as to what size turbo and if there is any bolt on kits like on3performance that would be good.I would like 7 to 800 hp if I could and also keep power steering since it will be a street car.

Last edited by boostedstang; 01-24-2016 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedstang
I have a 91 foxbody with a 6.0 in it and it has a edelbrock pro x intake and 317 ported heads with a btr cam dur 278 int 287 exh DUR@. 050 int 226 exh 234 lobe sep 116 lift 605 576.I tore it down and put good rings and gap for boost and good bearing and head studs.It has a power glide with a trans brake and 1.82 first gear.This is my first turbo build and any advice as to what size turbo and if there is any bolt on kits like on3performance that would be good.I would like 7 to 800 hp if I could and also keep power steering since it will be a street car.
I have a twin turbo set up for a fox body for sale in here that was set up for a pro flo intake like you have. Bolt it right up. Look at my screen name for pics.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by asubennett
I have a twin turbo set up for a fox body for sale in here that was set up for a pro flo intake like you have. Bolt it right up. Look at my screen name for pics.
Looks like a good set up how do you think it would do with my motor and what kind of front water pump and atl do you have on it.And how would the A/W intercooler work for street car.Ive never had a turbo car always been a nos guy but thought I'd try a turbo and see if I liked it.Could you send me some closer pic of your set up.I was thinking single turbo but twins do look neat and dif

Last edited by boostedstang; 01-20-2016 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by boostedstang
Looks like a good set up how do you think it would do with my set up and what kind of front water pump and atl set up do you have on it.And how would the A/W intercooler work for street car.Ive never had a turbo car always been a nos guy but thought I'd try a turbo set up and see if I liked it.Could you send me some closer pic of your set up.I was thinking single turbo but twins do look neat and dif
Text me at 331-333-9315. Much easier to send pics that way.

A/W intercooler is awesome for the street. I love it. Water Pump is a Mezierre electric but the set up clears a stock pulley water pump as well. My alternator is lower passenger side but where you have it will work as well. I just think alternators are ugly and prefer them low.

It's all a preference. These will make north of 800 on pump and 1200 on Ethanol.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Anyone on here have advice for twins or single turbo.Thinking about getting the setup that was mentioned above?
Old 01-24-2016, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only kit you can buy right now is a on3 but I haven't heard of anyone actually running it to say there's good or bad feed back on it. Otherwise you're stuck having a kit built for your car. Below is a thread I made giving some ideas for turbo setups in foxbodys.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...bo-setups.html

For the power you want I would recommend a precision turbo like a pt7675 or a pt88 only for the simple fact there isn't tons of room under the hood without cutting up your car for a Borg Warner. That being said I have a bws476 and we had to cut the frame rail out in my car to get mine to fit.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the advice 2002 camaro ss and I'll be subcribing to the thread you started.I was looking at the bw turbos but do hate to have to start cutting a bunch out of my car since it's a street car and may not like the turbo and go back to nos

Quick Reply: foxbody turbo build help