Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

DYNO DAY at FLACO....ONLY 10PSI

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 12:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 187 Likes on 137 Posts

There are plenty of boost safeties in the Holley software if that's what your using. You should have no problem protecting your engine from things like this.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Carnage rules! All the boost safeties and forged goodies are nice, but all that really needs to be done is zip tie every vacuum line that is under pressure. Used to run 30psi all the time and never blew off a vacuum line.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:47 PM
Launching!

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 window
There are plenty of boost safeties in the Holley software if that's what your using. You should have no problem protecting your engine from things like this.
indeed, had a buddy lost a fuel pump middle of a 1000whp pull, holley did all sort of antics to save the motor. yanked timing, commanded all the duty cycle it can, as the fuel pressure dropped, but it did survive the pull
Old 07-20-2016, 03:40 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 window
Im not using the holley efi. using the e38 and a psiconversion harness.

Originally Posted by WSLN 6
Carnage rules! All the boost safeties and forged goodies are nice, but all that really needs to be done is zip tie every vacuum line that is under pressure. Used to run 30psi all the time and never blew off a vacuum line.
lmao, well yea you're correct about that. I wish I would've slowed down after getting it home and went over everything else again but I was so pumped on making some passes on the street in it that I didn't go back over everything. but yea if I had it all ziptied down I could've still be riding. lol next time I'll know better. lol lesson learned (ZIP TIE EVERYTHING)
Old 07-20-2016, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 187 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by FourG63 97GST
indeed, had a buddy lost a fuel pump middle of a 1000whp pull, holley did all sort of antics to save the motor. yanked timing, commanded all the duty cycle it can, as the fuel pressure dropped, but it did survive the pull
Yep, and you can keep stacking safeties on top of safeties.

Quick Reply: DYNO DAY at FLACO....ONLY 10PSI