Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Belt driven oil scavenge pump?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Belt driven oil scavenge pump?

I've seen this on Callaway and LPE twin turbo motors. Anyone else do it? Does anyone still make any bolt-on pumps that work with the factory accessory drive/serpentine system like these?
Old 08-25-2016, 05:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

I would doubt anyone makes a specific kit...because there is simply no demand/market for such a thing.

Just use a turbowerx Exa electric pump.

Or you could adapt any of the external dry sump style setups, albeit perhaps using just a single stage. I imagine it would cost a hell of a lot more than the electric pump though
Old 08-25-2016, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

Already have a Weldon that came with my Incon kit. Car will be a 3 season daily driver that sees at least 8-10k miles a year. I'm just looking into options to enhance reliability and I'm afraid of the noise level of the Weldon (really don't want to hear it at all).

Was thinking of likely using single stage dry sump scavenging pump, just don't want to have to deal with having a bracket & pulley made and figured by now there must be some sort of bolt on dry sump pump for the LS1.

I saw that Lingenfelter offers this but am unsure if it would fit on an F-body accessory system. Not cheap, but would be worth it if it drastically reduces the noise and reliability concerns considering my application. It was used on their twin turbo systems. http://www.lingenfelter.com/product/L200240197.html#.V79-MnMpDqA
Old 08-26-2016, 01:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Are you having reliability problems in order that this needs "enhanced" ? What is giving problems ?

The Exa is very quiet, you will not hear it over the engine
Old 08-26-2016, 03:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
I would doubt anyone makes a specific kit...because there is simply no demand/market for such a thing.

Just use a turbowerx Exa electric pump.

Or you could adapt any of the external dry sump style setups, albeit perhaps using just a single stage. I imagine it would cost a hell of a lot more than the electric pump though
Lingenfelter makes a kit, it's available on their site. I have never see pics of it installed
Old 08-26-2016, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Are you having reliability problems in order that this needs "enhanced" ? What is giving problems ?

The Exa is very quiet, you will not hear it over the engine
What this guy said. I have the turbowerx on mine, and sitting in the car with the motor off, I can still barely hear the pump. I go for weeks at a time driving mine....without touching my daily and the pump is just fine.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wouldn't this pretty much be like a single or double stage dry sump pump?

Quick Reply: Belt driven oil scavenge pump?