Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

fuel line size fir feed and return on E85 & D1SC

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 10:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel line size fir feed and return on E85 & D1SC

I have a 6.0 and decided to go D1SC and blow thru. I have a triple hat system in my tank and can run 3 pumps. I have 2 340 pumps now for E85, which are for FI, I know guys use bypass regulators to pressure down for Carbs. I have a boost reference bypass Aeromotive reg for carbs that use FI pumps.
so do I use
10 feed 8 return
8 feed 8 return
6 feed 6 return
8 feed 6 return < was thinking this route but maybe pressure build up if it can't go back fast enough.
E85 does need 30% percent more flow.
maybe I'm overcomplicatiing my thought process lol
Old 08-27-2016, 11:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That will be plenty of fuel pump for a D1SC. -8 feed with a -6 return is pretty standard and will easily support over 1000 rwhp. If you ever plan to upgrade down the road and run 3 pumps you could do -10 feed and -8 return and never worry about it again but that is enough fuel line for over 2000 hp. Now the only part that I'm not familiar with is boosted fuel psi on a carb. As you probably already know most of these fuel pumps are designed to have peak fuel flow in the 40-60 psi range. You still would run the carb around 7 psi of fuel right?
Old 08-28-2016, 06:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info, I use an aeromotive boost reference regulator for carbs that run FI pumps. #13204 keeps pressure 3 to 15 range and when boost comes on it lets the bypass close to have more fuel and pressure for the carb.
What I did find out is that FI return is usually kept 1 size down to keep pressure up in lines and carb applications return is usually kept the same size so the fuel loops easy from tank to back to tank which lets the regulator able to hold back pressure to carb at 7 psi range.
in a nutshell lol. It's what Aeromotive explained to me, very helpful guys.

Quick Reply: fuel line size fir feed and return on E85 & D1SC