Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Piston size for turbo ls1 build

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Piston size for turbo ls1 build

Its probably been brought up, and the thread is on here and i did a quick search but couldnt find an answer, but about to install turbo kit on my built ls1, not shooting for crazy numbers, gonna keep a safe build. Only questions i have is what gauges/controllers are recommended, as well as needing to know what pistons/rods to buy. I have Afr 215 heads stock cubes, only plane to have the cylinders cleaned up, nothing crazy. Want to have a good compression to run pump fuel. Paying for good quality isn't an issue, but not trying to break the bank. Any other info needed feel free to ask.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd keep compression in the 9.5/10 range, there's plenty of good Pistons out there, diamond and weisco are probably the most used, compstar rods are a good bang for the buck. You'll want a wide band, boost controller at least, I'd suggest a fuel pressure gage as well. Innovative makes a nice combo gage. The E boost 2 is awesome but a little pricy. I have one in looking to sell if interested though. Don't forget about upgrading your fuel system as well
Old 01-16-2017, 08:26 AM
KCS

Received 307 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by wsierra1993
Its probably been brought up, and the thread is on here and i did a quick search but couldnt find an answer, but about to install turbo kit on my built ls1, not shooting for crazy numbers, gonna keep a safe build. Only questions i have is what gauges/controllers are recommended, as well as needing to know what pistons/rods to buy. I have Afr 215 heads stock cubes, only plane to have the cylinders cleaned up, nothing crazy. Want to have a good compression to run pump fuel. Paying for good quality isn't an issue, but not trying to break the bank. Any other info needed feel free to ask.
I like Wiseco a lot. You get a lot of nice features for the money. Scat makes a nice inexpensive 4340 I Beam rod with 7/16" ARP bolts. Have the pin bores honed for more clearance and they'll hold more power than the stock ls1 sleeves will handle.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome, thanks guys! already have the fuel system setup for my current build at least.

Quick Reply: Piston size for turbo ls1 build