Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Redline Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 02:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redline Motorsports

I am curious to see how many people have purchased and installed the redline motorsports turbo kits for the F-Body. It looks like it has everything needed for installation and is pretty cheap for all the stuff. When you add up the cost of all this stuff this would be a pretty inexpensive kit. So i am wondering what peoples results and opinions are of this kit and want to see how many people have gotten it.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

u might want to call them and see if they are still in business...i have heard lots of "things" about their business
Old 04-10-2005, 02:38 AM
TECH Regular

I actually found a link after i searched with some information on them. Still not sure which kit i wanna go with though. What kit do you run Mecham. I got the video of your car beating that Supra. One of the biggest reasons why i wanted to go turbo. I was also thinking of just getting the turbo and them having a friend custoom fabricate the piping and stuff for me. What do you think?
Old 04-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

I've had some work done up at RMS. They seem to know f-bodys fairly well. They specialize in Supras and Vipers and kind of do f-bodys on the side. They have very good customer service, and are trying to get more into the f-body market. I wasn't aware that they are sending out their turbo kit yet, as far as I knew you had to have them install it right now. I think their kit is a bit expensive, but the quality sounds real good, all of their Supras were impressive. Have you had many tranny issues MECHAM with all that power? I work with a guy whos got a black WS-6 who's been through like 5 tranny's, and he's around 650 Hp.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Regular

I hope i dont have to go through that many trannies. I am planning on hitting around 550rwhp with a turbo, FMIC, and methanol, on 8-10 lbs of boost. After that getting a built iron 348 and going for some real high numbers. I hope my tranny will be able to hold up to the power. I am pretty soon gonna rebuild my tranny myself(well try anyway)and stick the steel shift fork and whatever else is needed in it to withstand some punishment.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

I've heard from some folks that their trannys held up well beyond 550 Hp, I guess those are the lucky folks. One friend went through 3 or 4 when he was mostly stock. I'm about to start my first re-build, 400 Hp @ 60k miles. I'm goin to throw in some re-enforced parts this time. I guess re-enforced trannys seem to hold up well, atleast I hope they do, I plan on throwin a turbo on and methanol injection later on someday. I just bought a house, so it may take a while yet, but the Phamspeed budget kit is pretty interesting, with all the money you save you can afford some more parts, i.e. suspension or brakes.

Quick Reply: Redline Motorsports