Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

8.1 STS Turbo PCV???

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8.1 STS Turbo PCV???

Firrst I want to say hello, I am a FI newb, and a log time lurker. I know just about every STS question has been beaten to the ground but I might have a new one for all your guru's.

So I have my 8.1L truck, and want very very badly to get the turbo on it. The problem is that the 8.1 has an "Internal PCV system". As the shop manual says there are no servicable parts. So my question is, since I can't hook up STS's PCV system, how can I get the engine to handle the boost that's created when I'm running the turbo? As I understand it, if I don't vent the positive pressure that's created under boost, it'll leave via some place bad.

The 8.1 kit is relevtivly new to STS as I understand it. So we're working out some bugs. But I'm stumped on how I'm gonna handle this one. Any idea's or thoughts you FI guys can throw out would be great.

thanks
TMF
Old 05-15-2005, 03:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 533 Likes on 377 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Does the 8.1 pcv hook up to the valve covers or the intake manifold?
Old 05-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gametech
Does the 8.1 pcv hook up to the valve covers or the intake manifold?
No where, it's internal. From what I understand from the shop manual, it gets fresh air from the throttle body. There's no PCV valve, no breathers...nothing....it's all magic.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Teching In

We will be working on a project with STS very soon where we will be installing a kit on an 8.1 Allison 2500 HD with a specially sized turbo for the big block.

STS will then finalize the PCV issue for that engine. Soon after that the kit will be available everywhere. Give me a call and I will keep you updated as to when the project is complete.

Dave
Old 05-15-2005, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Z RATED
We will be working on a project with STS very soon where we will be installing a kit on an 8.1 Allison 2500 HD with a specially sized turbo for the big block.

STS will then finalize the PCV issue for that engine. Soon after that the kit will be available everywhere. Give me a call and I will keep you updated as to when the project is complete.

Dave
Cool, definatly keep me updated, I'm really eager to get this thing on, it's not much use on the floor in my garage. When you say "very soon" are we talking days, weeks, months?? The turbo I got with it is a t-76, I was originally going to go with a the t-67 but they said the 76 had better performance.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Teching In

It depends when the owner wants to give up his truck for a couple of days.
It shouldn't be too long though.

Send me an E-Mail to zrated@comcast.net so I can get back with you as soon as we are done.

Quick Reply: 8.1 STS Turbo PCV???