TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any sponser finance STS kits?

If so please PM info
BTLFEDSS
Old 03-12-2006, 03:36 AM
TECH Addict

Any business that sponsors stuff is in league with a CC company that does it for them, I would just get a CC and activate it if thats the route you want to go. Or go to your bank and ask if they offer a line of credit or signature loan, you will need a pretty descent credit score and a good job before most banks will do 4k unsecured. If your car is paid off you can also put your car up and your bank will do it without a problem.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:11 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
. If your car is paid off you can also put your car up and your bank will do it without a problem.
guessing that they would do it off of collateral.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
Any business that sponsors stuff is in league with a CC company that does it for them, I would just get a CC and activate it if thats the route you want to go. Or go to your bank and ask if they offer a line of credit or signature loan, you will need a pretty descent credit score and a good job before most banks will do 4k unsecured. If your car is paid off you can also put your car up and your bank will do it without a problem.

More correctly, any Sponsor that does finnancing would have a Credit agency lined up to handle this for them. Everything else is on par

That being said, it is better to save up and plan out the build right. You won't believe how many times I wanted to do this but better judgement prevailed. And now, after 3 years, I'm finnally starting to build the car like I want it.

Let's say you finnance the STS kit. Then what happens if you either A.) Blow the motor b.) Kill the Clutch or worse trans, C.) Kill the 7.5" weak as hell rear.

You'll end up with an STS kit sitting under a car, doing nothing, while you are trying to save up money to just get it running again. Can't get a loan due to already having one out or intrest is killing you while it sits depreciating.

Better to either A.) wait until you actually save up the cash to mod and save the Loan, CC intrest rates for an Emegency, or B.) Modify and build-up around the Major power to support it and add more insurance that all will survive. (and it never really does)
Old 03-12-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

STS has an option for financing, but it is about the same as getting a credit card. If you cant get a card to buy it, then more than likely you wont be able to get the credit to finance the kit.

Last edited by trtturbo; 03-13-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

go to www.ls1speed.com they do financin g but i dont remember if they stock STS turbos.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you cant afford it dont get it, the cost of the kit is just the tip of the ice burg.
save till you have enough then get it would be my opinion.