Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Plans for the car.....questions though.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Plans for the car.....questions though.

Hello all, I was planning out what I want to do with the car next (sometime next year).

Currently I have a 370ci iron block (8.5:1 compression), PA TH400 w/Vig. 3000 stall, 60lb inj, , dual walboro 255LPH, stock LS1 PCM (tuned via LS1Edit), Moser 12 bolt rear w/3.42 (awaiting install) and the TTi Race kit (t76gtq).

I plan on doing the following, but have questions:

1) Going to BigStuff3 , but wondered if it would allow for me to pass the "plug" emmissions (OBDII). Currently I pass, no problems. The reason for going aftermarket PCM is because of the MAF limit on '98. I would like to go with EFILive, but their 2/3 bar support is only for '99 and up.

2)T88 T4 flange turbo, and 72lb high impedance injectors. Don't know if the T88 T4 flange will fit with the TTi race kit. Anyone have experiences on this? Also, would it be hard to tune 72lb injectors. Or, should I got with a different set of injectors.

Sorry for the questions, but I don't know if I'm going in the right direction. Thanks for any input!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:14 AM
SSU Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A) Mightymouse switched to a PT88, I've seen the post with pics, but I don't know if search is working correctly again.

B) frcefed98 is using SD 2-bar on his 98 using HPT and MAFT-Pro is about two steps away from being the inexpensive optionfor 98 PCM's. Kyle's (NA$TY-TA) car is almost done and it will be using MAFT-Pro. If this is happening next year, you have time to see what the outcome is. MAFT-Pro is 3-bar I think and will have boost control, etc.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out mightmouse's homepage it shows his custom up-pipe he made to fit his PT88
as long as the sensors are hooked up right or their turned off i think you can make it pass the plug test.