Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Well looking forward to being in the forced induction club soon with my 99 ta.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Well looking forward to being in the forced induction club soon with my 99 ta.

I just put money down on the GMR twin kit today
I coudn't wait any more have wanted to go turbos on my 99 or any of my past musclecars for a long long time.Figured time was here now.
I am not crazy about no air but they said they might be able to make it work with air. Hope so but whatever I have t tops and tons of other vehicles with air and don't drive long trips in the 99 anyway. Its pretty much a garage queen at 12,000 miles on it but she will likley get driven a bit more with the twins.
I am not sure if want to slap them on the car as is or wait a bit ,possibly till next season and do up engine properly and then install it.
I guess might be ok if just keep things super mellow at 5 to 7psi maybe..big maybe with our crappy pistons!
I am planning on forged motor,not sure though if have to do any serious machining to go with a 383 or 396 ls1. I am not really into a 6.0 or ls2 or ls7.Good old forged ls1 should be good enough for me.
I would run some lq9 heads I think and lingenfelter cam. Not sure if there is any advantage to fast 90 and tb on a set up like mine but just sold off my ls6 intake and ported tb to have enough down for the kit..LOL
Anyway glad to be in the little club here shortly. I can give updates and pics of the kit if do install it or just of it sitting there if don't right now.
I realize there have been some big problems with few other companies in the past and with very late shipping of products ,etc but I have a good feeling about GMR! But the proof is the product as they say.
I have a super modded up 97 talon with huge turbo so not a stranger to forced induction and also have owned a couple of factory turbocharged motorcylces back in 1991 or so.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome
Old 03-30-2006, 04:34 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock crankshaft is good for 900 to 1000 hp, so you could just add forged pistons and connecting rods, and keep the cubic inch at 346. Adding a 4.0" stroker crankshaft will get you a 382 ci, which is a great combination. There is no expensive machining to get into a 382 ci. Bob