Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Sorry, question on roots/screw in an FBody

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry, question on roots/screw in an FBody

If you were to mount one in a Camaro with an SS hood, would the underside "W" need to be cut as well? I was looking at some pictures the other day and wondered if the loop from the hood intake to the airlid might hit the blower. I already know a piece of the cowl needs to be removed though. I'm also curious if fuel rail covers could continue to be used or if it takes up more width than the LS6 intake manifold. Finally, how could an intercooler be plumbed to work?

I hope nobody hates me for bringing up a question about this type of supercharger in a Camaro/Bird, especially after the other thread where someone said they had a kit coming soon and then nothing else was said.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:58 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not sure on the W, but I have also heard mentioned an offset blower mounting plate to move the blower forward. What I can't figure out though is why anyone would want to go to all this trouble, when an ATI ProCharger makes a lot more power. Bob
Old 04-04-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after seeing the pictures of the silver Camaro with a red painted Magnuson - it's simply badass looking. Then on the other hand the procharger setups look almost ugly in the engine bay to me. But appearance aside, I know your shop does lots of custom work so I'm curious about this. How much more would your place charge to install that particular blower along with the proper trimming and pullies, compared to an ATI?
Old 04-04-2006, 02:42 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
Well after seeing the pictures of the silver Camaro with a red painted Magnuson - it's simply badass looking. Then on the other hand the procharger setups look almost ugly in the engine bay to me. But appearance aside, I know your shop does lots of custom work so I'm curious about this. How much more would your place charge to install that particular blower along with the proper trimming and pullies, compared to an ATI?
I'm sorry, but I don't think I could convince myself to do it. I have a feeling you would be dissapointed in the power afterwards, as well as I would be. Bob