Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Check valve needed for rear mount

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 07:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check valve needed for rear mount

I am having an issue with my oil pressure bleeding off so much in between driving the car over several days setting that it takes several seconds before the oil pressure gauge will read pressure. I have a check valve at the turbo to stop oil from draining into the turbo when the car isn't running. It scares the hell out of me to think the car is actually setting there running without the engine being fed oil for a few seconds before it fills the oil line going back to the turbo. I believe what is happening is the oil is draining back into the filter area where I have it pressurized from and the longer it sets the more oil has to fill the feed line to the turbo before it fills and creates pressure to the whole system. Anyone know what check valve I should use and what cracking pressure I should be looking for? Most of the fittings that McMaster Carr has are .05-1 psi cracking pressure and I'm not sure that is enough. Has anyone else had this problem? I can't be the only one, can I? BTW, the oil pump is a PP TR oil pump and works great but I'm just concerned about the lack of pressure at start up. Thanks for any help. Hope to have some dyno results in a week or two and then some track times. Should be in the high 500RWHP range and in the low 11's I'm hoping.
Wolfee
Old 04-09-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would start by putting a manual gauge on it and see what it really is on cold start.
It may just be a sending unit.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Teching In

You need the following, its a .3 cracking check valve (Viton Seat)

7775K52

http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.as...52&pagenum=436
Old 04-10-2006, 04:12 AM
TECH Regular

Thank you very much, I'll pick one up.
Wolfee

Quick Reply: Check valve needed for rear mount