Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sts turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sts turbo

hey guys, i am in the market to purchase an sts turbo. they seem to be pretty awesome from the research ive done. my question is, what is the complete system going to cost and is there any hidden stuff that i will have to purchase. my car is a 98 six speed car, basically stock with the exception of a 9" rear which will probably be a good thing. i just hate that fine line bs, its bad enough that you usually have to borrow the money but then when you think that you got enough then bam, you forgot this or you need this, i appreciate the info thanks.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:31 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/498109-sts-s.html

This should help. Bob
Old 04-30-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kingb
hey guys, i am in the market to purchase an sts turbo. they seem to be pretty awesome from the research ive done. my question is, what is the complete system going to cost and is there any hidden stuff that i will have to purchase. my car is a 98 six speed car, basically stock with the exception of a 9" rear which will probably be a good thing. i just hate that fine line bs, its bad enough that you usually have to borrow the money but then when you think that you got enough then bam, you forgot this or you need this, i appreciate the info thanks.

there is no "set" amount... it all depends on your attention to detail.... can you get by with 5k..yeah I suppose but you wouldn't have much saftey...

seriously though if your having to borrow the money maybe you should think about holding off... you add 100hp to the car and it's bye bye rear/trans/clutches/suspension/tires all depending on your setup of course...

this is all assuming you do it yourself...
sts 4k
tuning software + wideband 1k
fuel 1k
rear end 2.5k
clutch/converter/transmission upgrades 1-3k
fuel pressure guages/temp guages .5k

that's 10-12k up front with prices being a bit high because there are always things like loc-tite/teflon tape/wires/ect.. that you should go ahead and do to do it right... and if you don't have a back up car in case yours breaks then you need to have a repair fund....
Old 04-30-2006, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kingb
my car is a 98 six speed car, basically stock with the exception of a 9" rear
he has got the 9" so he can take out the 2.5 you said for the rear but as i have been finding its gonna be about 6,700$ to do an sts kit and a clutch.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

i appreciate the help fellas