Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Tried to run the car last night but they closed the track

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 12:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Tried to run the car last night but they closed the track

Dammit, I have to wait another month to run the car now It's going to be 100+ then. Suck my *****. LVMS has 1 day a month when I can run my car and yesterday was it. Too bad some *** clowns wrecked into a power transformer and took out all the power. My only other choice is to go on a midnight mayhem fridays with 500 honda civics that run 17's and drag water to the starting line and wait 2 hours between passes. They also force you to run out of the groove and there is ZERO track prep.

I'm eventually going to add enough safety equip to run at the track on test n tunes, but it's a matter of $$$ and time. Putting a roll bar in my car is not something i'm looking forward to.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the thing I hate about LVMS. They're open what...2...3 times a month for a normal test and tune then they have the nerve to charge you 50.00. The most I ever spent getting into a test and tune to race was 20.00. LVMS is outta their GD minds charging 50.00. That's why on MM, you have 500 civics and 400 other cars out there running because its less then 25.00 to run.

That sucks Jeremy, I hope that they would just let you run your car a few times down the strip. I'm sure that car is a beast now. Just get some safety equipment in and go run it.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Its only 10 bucks to run MM. Brings all the ricers out of the woodwork.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zombie
Suck my *****.

Old 05-11-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$50??!! :wtf:
Old 05-11-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LVMS is one of the nicest drag strips in the country, it's unfortunately managed by a bunch of monkeys who like to shove bannanas up their asses. They keep complaining about street racing in this town but there is no outlet for it.

It's really frustrating for the few who have fast cars. On a midnight mayhem the average ET is around 16 seconds, on a wed night street wars i'd say the average ET is 13 seconds. All the fast cars come out of the woodwork to run. I've seen several cars go 9's and even 1 go 8's on a wed night. You also get to make a ton of passes, last time I went I stopped at 14 passes after being there about 3 hours.

Our test n tunes just keep going up. It use to be $20 to run them, now they want $50. I'll bow down to the safety ****'s and put a roll bar and 5 points in my car so I can run test n tune, but getting a nice roll bar with swing outs done the right way so it doesn't interfere with getting in and out of the car is not cheap to have done. My friend who built the motor for me can fab one up for me for $800 which I think is a great deal for that kind of custom work. He can tuck them in tight enough that if you look in the car from the outside you don't notice the bar.

It's probably going to be early next year before I can afford to get this done

Quick Reply: Tried to run the car last night but they closed the track