Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

new ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new ideas

hey guys anyone in here tried high compression boost, the correct way the half a$$ way. Any opinions on that idea. but on another note, with my mods what recommendations for head and cam package would you guys recommend? i want a stout cam and heads, but i really wanna do it right. i mean not to hurtful to try to drive around on, but some good lift, what do you guys think?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?

one more question im running the borla exhaust system i wanna go with a loud mouth slp? any opinions?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Newer Audi's have pretty high compression and boost, the tune would have to be perfect. They are direct injected also. The 2.0T has close to 12:1 and has 6 psi running into it, and it will run on 87. You can make more HP with the boost over compression though so thats why most builds for FI are low compression.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

rally guys have been running high comp for years and they run upto 11:1 and over 2.5bar!!!! so it can be done. but thats with VERY good fuel and lots of water injection!

the Evo run 9:0 and can take well into the 40+psi area with no problems on a built bottom end!

as rocket man said you can make more power from dropping the comp and running more boost, but this can hamper dravability. an alternative is to run a bigger engine but this can mean you get restirction from the turbo! its all a game of compromise and what you are propeard to loose and spend!

what are you power goals? have you any idea on what comp you would like to run?? how much boost would you like to use? what is your engine/intended engine size??

thansk Chris.

Quick Reply: new ideas