Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Blower cam overlap??

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Blower cam overlap??

I tried the search page about this question, but didn't fine what i needed.
In a recent GM-High tech mag. they talked about cam technology which i thought was very cool. Since i'm doing a blower setup i'm just trying to choose a cam with the right overlap. The setup that i'm going to try is a set of stage 1.5 LQ9 heads that are only milled just enough to make them perfectly level. Plus i have a D1SC tuner kit. I plan on trying the 6.0 liter heads with the GM 6.0 MLS head gaskets and a set of ARP head studs. My current cam is a comp 216/220 .525/.532 114+2, which works great on my current heads N/A heads. Well the math i used to figure out overlap was:
intake duration + exhaust duration/2-2x(LSA) and got a figure of 43 degrees. But i have to mention you have to use actual duration numbers, not duration at .050. I just wanted to see what everyone thinks.
Thanks,

den
Old 07-07-2006, 11:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hard to really say everyone has their own theory. I think that cam would work well. You could probably benefit from something with more lift though.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:34 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that the lift is pretty weak. If you didn't want to swap cams look for some used 1.8 rocker arms. Harlan Sharps are cheap and I see them all the time in the sale section. Those would add .30 thousands lift to your current cam.

Quick Reply: Blower cam overlap??