Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

BBK SSI manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BBK SSI manifold

Has anyone here had any experience with BBKS SSI manifold, especialy in a forced induction setting. any comments or information woulod be great thanx.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:03 PM
chronic masturbator

not worth the $$$ the metal intake acts like a heatsink. depending on what your doing with the car id use either, oem, fast 90/90 combo, or victor jr with elbow (its metal but gets noway near as warm as the bbk or lingenfelter)
Old 07-23-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea ive herd about the heat sink part but im looking to get the forged ls2 short block with gmrs twin kit and because of the high underhood temperatures, was wondering if any of you guys have problems with the stock ls6 manifold cracking as i know for a fact GM has many problems with there other composite manifold cracking becasue of the constant heating and cooling. Thats why i was interested in an amuminum manifold. Also the amuminum manifold look really hot but that isnt my biggest priority at all i want a manifold that will flow what the turbos will put through it. Ive also have been told the fast 90/90 is a waist of money unless you are keeping your engine n/a.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just stick with the ls6 manifold if you already have one. I think people have pushed high teens in psi without failure. I think you would need a new TB to go with the BBK since the mouth is 80mm right. Just stick with the ls6 manifold.