Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Silicone Couplers!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Silicone Couplers!?

On a high boost application well high boost to me... 15psi on an F1C Procharger/408 setup should I upgrade my couplers to silicone? Or will I be ok with teh standard couplers that the Procharger kit comes with. I am upgrading to all Tbolt clamps for sure, but I am curious as to what I should do with the couplers? They just get real expensive real fast, and I don't want to spend the money on them if they are not necessary!?

Thanks
Old 07-30-2006, 10:32 PM
9 Second Club

Also...

Say my pipe is a 3" diameter... what size TBolt clamps do I need to get?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rubber radiator hose, or high temp silicone made to withstand high pressures and temperatures of forced induction.....

High temp silicone for me...with T bolts, it was a good upgrade when I had my procharger kit.
J
Old 07-30-2006, 10:40 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Rubber radiator hose, or high temp silicone made to withstand high pressures and temperatures of forced induction.....

High temp silicone for me...with T bolts, it was a good upgrade when I had my procharger kit.
J
Yeah I am looking at all of the silicone and pricing online right now. Probably going to cost me like $350 in couplers and clamps. Atleast this silicone is cheaper than fake boobies!
Old 07-30-2006, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LS1techdisc...I'm pretty sure that'll still work on the HTS site, put that into the coupon code area and you'll get a nice discount.

As for clamping range its listed under the sizes of clamps, for the 3.00 clamp the clamping range is listed: Clamping Range 3.13" - 3.44"
So just under 3.50 inches total clamping range for the 3.00 clamps.

And so on and so forth, if you want to play it safe order the next size up.

I have a 3.00 coupler from another company and its thicker than my HTS stuff and I could barely squeeze the 3.00 clamp on there, but it worked..took some elbow grease. But with the 3.00 pipes and 3.00 couplers the 3.00 clamps work fine for most all my stuff...damn that was a handful to type
Old 07-31-2006, 05:22 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

The ATI couplers will work at 15 psi, although they're not as pretty as silicone. Speaking of silicone, you have to watch the quality of the silicone couplers that you purchase. Some of the silicone out there is paper thin, you'll want at least four ply if you are going to swap over to them. Bob
Old 07-31-2006, 10:11 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
The ATI couplers will work at 15 psi, although they're not as pretty as silicone. Speaking of silicone, you have to watch the quality of the silicone couplers that you purchase. Some of the silicone out there is paper thin, you'll want at least four ply if you are going to swap over to them. Bob
Yeah... 4ply is what I am getting. And this is what I decided to do about couplers.

I am getting the 2 silicone 90s for the lower IC piping that sometimes hits the ground. And getting the Transducer from 3.75-4.00" in silicone as well. And then of course like I said all new TBolt clamps all the way around. I got all my sizing last night when I tore the IC piping down, so I think I will be ordering this stuff pretty soon!

Quick Reply: Silicone Couplers!?