Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

how often do you guys have to change your plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 04:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how often do you guys have to change your plugs?

Well? I seem to have a problem where I have to change them all the time or I get missfires, any ideas? Too rich?

I don't see AFRs below 11s often unless there is a tune mistake and we correct it in that case, is one hit of 9's on afr enough to mess up the plugs?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:17 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine last a decent amount of time. Make sure it isnt your plug wires....I had those fiberglass boot protectors cooking my msd wires.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
Well? I seem to have a problem where I have to change them all the time or I get missfires, any ideas? Too rich?

I don't see AFRs below 11s often unless there is a tune mistake and we correct it in that case, is one hit of 9's on afr enough to mess up the plugs?

My tr6's have been in for 18 months...just pulled one and it doesn't look too bad...I've got a new set...just need some time..

I've run from 9.x to 11.8 many times with no problems....started so rich on the dyno while tuning, it wouldn't pull through the run...cleared right up.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by onfire
My tr6's have been in for 18 months...just pulled one and it doesn't look too bad...I've got a new set...just need some time..

I've run from 9.x to 11.8 many times with no problems....started so rich on the dyno while tuning, it wouldn't pull through the run...cleared right up.
Ok I got something wierd going on for sure then, because I put some new plugs in and got into some misfiring crap but I did find another problem when I did the plugs this last time so maybe it was that.

Guess I'll just see if they foul out again and go from there!

Quick Reply: how often do you guys have to change your plugs?