Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo guys, how much do u think I am leaving on the table with my small housing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Turbo guys, how much do u think I am leaving on the table with my small housing?

I'm running an R trim exhaust wheel from innovative, supposed to flow a bit more than a GTS wheel. I have a .70 divided housing on it right now because when I had longtubes I did not have enough exhaust energy to spool it.

I'm going to be insulating my exhaust soon with ceramic batting. I know this is going to make a HUGE difference in the way the car builds boost because the exhaust will be much hotter. I have 2 other housings for my turbo in my posession, a .81 undiveded and a .84 divided.

I'm pretty sure that on the larger housing the spool will be the same as it is now, but i'm wondering how much top end gain is typical when changing housings since the one i'm running is so small.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know if this will answer your question...

but Its just going to move the powerband up the rpm range... but that small of a difference.. I wouldnt think you would even notice the difference...