Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil Smell on Procharged C6

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Smell on Procharged C6

I was wondering if anyone else has experinced this. I've got an 06 vette with a Procharger. Under boost there is a slight oil smell almost like the crankcase is getting pressurized slightly. I checked the installation and everything looks alright. Any ideas?
Old 09-07-2006, 10:34 AM
10 Second Club

Not sure how the Vette setup is, but I was actually blowing the dipstick out under boost on my car. I ended up putting a check valve in the tube running from the TB to the valve cover.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Not sure how the Vette setup is, but I was actually blowing the dipstick out under boost on my car. I ended up putting a check valve in the tube running from the TB to the valve cover.
Please don't take this the wrong way but i have been looking at others FI setups recently and I am wondering how you only managed to trap 126 with that much power/tq? Street tires?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

WAHUSKER where did ya fnd the checkvalve, my setup was doin the same thing and i have the TB blocked off now

mine blew the dipstick out and oil all over the head on the pass side make it impossible to see behind me!! thankfully i was a block from my shop!!
Old 09-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Finally fixed it. I added a power brake check valve in between the intake manifold line and the pcv valve. No more oil smell.