Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

PROCHARGER Questions,

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROCHARGER Questions,

1.I believe my dump valuve is adjustable according to manifold Vac. atm mine is not closing (not giving boost until zero vac), I am thinking of setting it to close at -4 psi.
and was wondering what others have theirs set at?

I am running an F one model , with the damper pulley (7" I think) and wondering if a 4" blower pulley would be ok for a built 346? built = pistons and rods at about 9:1 comp.

Thanks Tonner.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:41 PM
On The Tree

hello
Old 12-19-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Resident

Tonner,
By definition boost won't occur until after 0 vacuum. The valve is pre-adjusted to allow for full opening under typical idle and part throttle vacuum, which is what you want. The mild spring pressure biases the valve closed under zero vacuum conditions. Boost applied to the diaphragm ensures it stays shut under boost.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:17 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by Tonner
I am running an F one model , with the damper pulley (7" I think) and wondering if a 4" blower pulley would be ok for a built 346? built = pistons and rods at about 9:1 comp.

Thanks Tonner.
We typically run 16 psi of boost quite often with the stock style heads, without any problems. We see the stock fuel system as the limiting factor once the horsepower is past 600 rwhp. Check out the fuel system we installed on this T/A. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=42
It is factors like the fuel system that are going to determine how much boost you can run, and this also includes having a very good tune. Bob
Old 12-20-2006, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by andereck
Tonner,
By definition boost won't occur until after 0 vacuum. The valve is pre-adjusted to allow for full opening under typical idle and part throttle vacuum, which is what you want. The mild spring pressure biases the valve closed under zero vacuum conditions. Boost applied to the diaphragm ensures it stays shut under boost.
Thanks Thats quite a fuel system there and quite a car too,,
I just thought We might have been able to use some of that boost during part throttle driving as I dont see 0 vac (by aeroforce gauge) until you really stand on it.

need to fit my boost gauge soon

Last edited by Tonner; 12-20-2006 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:01 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
We typically run 16 psi of boost quite often with the stock style heads, without any problems. We see the stock fuel system as the limiting factor once the horsepower is past 600 rwhp. Check out the fuel system we installed on this T/A. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=42
It is factors like the fuel system that are going to determine how much boost you can run, and this also includes having a very good tune. Bob
I have about 15 lb with the setup I have now but seems to be lacking a little down low so I am fitting a smaller 4" pulley.
it would be Ideal to have good boost early and blow it off somehow when it reaches say 17 lb.
oh the fuel system has been sorted to handle constant 58 lbs with boost reference climbing into the 70's ok, now using the Magnafuel protuner 750 running at 13.6 V. it returns about 1us gal per min back to the swirl pot at Idle.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-22-2006, 04:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tonner
1.I believe my dump valuve is adjustable according to manifold Vac. atm mine is not closing (not giving boost until zero vac), I am thinking of setting it to close at -4 psi.
and was wondering what others have theirs set
I think I might change my cam to something that has less vacuum& runs out of vacuum earlier perhaps,
you've got to stand on it pretty hard before it comes into boost right now.
at 60 mph cruisin flat road its holding -5.4 psi back off the juice and its showing -9.5, not that the latter really matters,