Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

9 psi and stock LT1 ignition?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9 psi and stock LT1 ignition?

I recently purchased my '94 Z28 and am just getting started learning the in's and out's of f-body's. I'm wondering if people have been able to run 9 psi with a s/c setup without upgrading to a BTM type ignition since the stock computer doesn't adjust for boost? The feeling I got from reading some of the procharger documentation is it should be ok, but it might be borderline. Right now I have a 6 psi pulley on it until I get some tuning issues fixed and a new tranny put in.

Thanks!

-Rob
Old 12-29-2006, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

Anyone have an opinion if 9 psi with a stock LT1 ignition system would be safe? Its a p-1sc procharger with 2 core intercooler. It's at 6 psi now with the car torn down in prep for putting in a new cap/rotor and plug wires. I've got the 9 psi pulley that I could put in now easily with everything out, but if it is going to be too much to where I start getting detonation I'll stick with the 6 psi pulley.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:30 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes it will work just fine, 9 psi is not a problem. Check out our '95 Formula at 9 psi here.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...tCar.php?car=7 Bob
Old 12-29-2006, 05:06 AM
11 Second Club

I would definitely recommend checking your plug gap. Make sure whoever had the car before you isnt still running the stock plug gap. Just a good precaution with a new car and putting more boost to it. Most people seem to run theirs at .035" as do I.

On another note, I see you posting up a couple of new to Forced Induction questions. I have two words for you Alky Control. It is your friend. I am running 50# injectors and had them maxed out at 8psi. Now its not complelety dependent on boost when it comes to maxing out the injectors, but we have a similar setup
Old 12-29-2006, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys! One of the first things I did when I got the car was pull out the plugs and put in NGK TR6's gapped to .035. I had looked up some forums on plugs and that seemed to be a popular choice for forced induction setups.

Quick Reply: 9 psi and stock LT1 ignition?