Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions?

I'm wondering what you all feel is the appropriate action for the following situation. I gave one of my cars to a tuner to have him tune it. Luckly it was just a honda on not my turbo trans am. I specificly told the tuner to tune it for 16 psi max on pump gas. Instead of taking small steps on the boost controler he turns it alot and overboost the engine to 25+ psi. The ring lands in the motor are now broken and the engine block is trash. After spiking the boost, the car smoked horribly for a little while and then the smoke went away. The engine tuner proceded to dyno the car after all this happened. I honestly feel like he should have stopped and called me after this and not stuck the car up on the dyno. That was just added wear, a waste of dyno time money, and damage on a already broken engine. So what would you do/say? Thanks everyone.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:34 PM
FormerVendor

i know you all have opinions...
Old 01-14-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Kinda depends on what sort of evidence you have. If you are absolutely sure of what happened, you should call him on it... what's his side of the story?

Regardless, I'd say take your TA elsewhere.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:59 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by RW99
Kinda depends on what sort of evidence you have. If you are absolutely sure of what happened, you should call him on it... what's his side of the story?

Regardless, I'd say take your TA elsewhere.

the trans am will go to W2W most likely. I wouldn't trust anyone else with it with the money thats in its motor. There really is no evidence besides him admiting what happened. I was more angry about the fact that I didn't get a phone call and didn't find out what was going on untill later when I called and he was trying to get the car to idle at least. I already paid the dyno costs but i'm not planing on paying for his tuning. I was just wondering if you all felt that was the right thing to do or if i'm way off?

Quick Reply: Opinions?