Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger Question

Hey everyone I am trying to figure out what I want and hope you guys can help I always wanted to supercharge my car but I have read the threads everyone posts and I know its kind of like to each their own but I am really close to procharging my car I chose the procharger because it seemed to me the best choice because The vortech takes up to much of the engine bay IMO I like the procharger setup and not big on the turbos even though they sound sweet I just want to know why the procharger at idle sounds like a part is about to fall off the car, and do u really even hear the S/C when you open it up or does the exhaust drown it out?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:48 PM
10 Second Club

You barely hear it once your above 2000 rpms.

http://video.ls1tech.com/video/aeb3b...600166f7f9.htm
Old 03-12-2007, 03:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine had blower rattle like that until I took the stock pulley setup off and put on the sdce setup. Then all I heard was whine. Granted you don't need to do this now as they have the 8 rib, but when I purchased mine they did not have that out yet. It does sound clean though. They have cured the slip up to a point, but the rattle is still there, without a spring tensioner to move with the belt.

Last edited by BOONE; 03-12-2007 at 03:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've got the d1sc with the 8 rib. I still don't hear the rattel that everyone is talking about.? The sound is dependent on which by-pass valve you go with, and your exhaust package, ie. headders, aftermarket exhaust and such. cats, no cats... At full throttel all you can hear on mine is the exhaust.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:23 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear my Procharger at idle. However the Mondo bpv will always be louder, no matter what.

Quick Reply: Procharger Question